Child Care Certificate Programs
THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR ONLINE
Infant-Toddler Orientation Certificate
The Infant-Toddler Orientation Certificate is designed to provide 12 clock hours of professional development for early childhood professionals providing care for infants and toddlers. The training program focuses on the core knowledge areas of Health and Safety, Language Development, Child Development, and Developmentally Appropriate Practices.
Upon satisfactorily completing the Infant-Toddler Orientation Certificate program, students should be able to:
- Identify typical developmental milestones for children age birth-three years of age
- Identify the requirements for a safe, healthy learning environment for infants and toddlers
- Identify strategies and recommended practices for promoting physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development
- Identify strategies for promoting early literacy, math, and problem-solving skills
- Identify prevention strategies and other issues associated with Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Demonstrate understanding of health and safety training for childcare providers in an infant-toddler setting
- Competency based multiple-choice questions
- Student activities and/or observations with written feedback
- End of Course Quizzes in multiple-choice format – Students must pass each quiz with a grade of 70% or better to complete the course.
- Cumulative Final Exam in multiple-choice format – Students must pass with a grade of 70% or better to complete the Infant-Toddler Orientation Certificate program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have access to a computer and printer
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be able to speak, read, and write well enough in the language the course is presented in to understand and complete the course material
- Infant-toddler training courses within this certification program may require observation, assessment, and practical application of learning principles in an early childhood learning environment. Students must be working in or have access to an early childhood environment to successfully complete these course(s).
Textbook Information: No textbook is required to complete the Infant-Toddler Orientation Certificate program.
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to check with their licensing representatives to determine each program’s applicability toward state requirements.
Setting: Infant-Toddler, Preschool, and Family Child Care
Program Code: 4202-SPC
Program Length: 12 Hours
IACET CEU Value: 1.2 CEUs
Program Start Date: Rolling Enrollment – Start Anytime
Program End Date: 60 days from enrollment date
Tuition Cost: $129
Ready to take the next step?
Not Sure Online Child Care Training is Right for You? Take a Trial Course on Us Today!
psst…. you get to test drive our platform for free!